One of the easiest ways to add colour and interest to your garden is to plant bulbs. There is a bulb for every time of year. From Snowdrops in the Winter to Alliums in the Summer.
- Plant bulbs in groups of odd numbers for a naturalistic look that has impact.
- Planting depth depends on the size of the bulb. Aim to plant to a depth 3 times the size of the bulb.
- Autumn is the time to plant those bulbs that flower January – June.
- Spring is the time to plant those bulbs that flower July – December.
- Buy less variety. For example instead of buying a whole host of different coloured Tulips choose just 2 colours to create a harmonious theme.
- Buy cheap bulbs! If they’re expensive it means the Grower has had to spend a lot of time getting it right, which means it might be a DIVA!
Happy Bulb Buying!